Saturday, December 10, 2011

How to thin out thick hair?

Oh how I wish that is me asking that question. How to thin out my thick hair? Cause mine is 'volume-less' and thinning. It is almost depressing. I'm just taking away my focus to my hair and look on the bright side. At first I blame it all to my three pregnancies within 6 years, they say it could be brought about by hormonal changes after pregnancy, but for the love of me, my youngest is now 2 aren't them hair supposed to grow back? Thick and luscious? Arrggh! I've been dealing with Alopecia ever since my college days ( which was ages ago btw!) yes they grow back, but every time I hear them doctors tell me I have an autoimmune disease,It scares the cr*p out of me. But it is not life threatening according to my doctorS (with an S, coz I've seen a lot) that is maybe why it's been disregarded by them and dermatologist I've seen a lot of times...:(

It's an autoimmune disease- I've had it since my late teenage years- a disease where the body attacks good parts of the body ,it is attacking its own hair follicles that is. It is not pretty, it really is not pretty. I've had steroid injections ,topical cream etc...the good thing is my hair grows back but it sure is not pretty. So how to thick out my thin hair? Minus 1 gorgeousness point for me,,Arrrghh! ... :(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have really thin hair and wish it was thicker.

I'm visiting from the Friday Blog Hop and followed you. Please let me know your twitter name. I couldn't find a like button your fb page.

Please visit my blog at http://dreesthings.blogspot.com/ when you have time.

The Best Husband's Wife said...

Hi Ate! Talk about thick hair. Wish you could see how thick mine is. BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK THICK AT ALL.

Two years ago, I discovered (that's what the internet is for) how to achieve the shine and volume that I wanted. I can tell you why I did the research but maybe next time.

Yes, no salon intervention! Since I tried doing it (and it became a bi-weekly habit actually, thanks to my hubby helping me with it), my thick hair feels so healthy, so thin! And it's cheap. I have been getting raves about how shiny and beautiful my long hair is and every time I tell people about what I do, they can't believe it.

I am talking about olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Every two weeks, on a Saturday, after rinsing off shampoo in my hair, I would pour half cup of apple cider vinegar into my hair, using my hand to spread and cover all strands. (Please don't let the vinegar get into your eyes). If it's too strong for you, you may add 1/4 cup of water and pour the mixture onto your hair. Let it sit for a few minutes, then rinse with warm water.

This process removes all the chemical residues in your hair, courtesy of your shampoo. And this process will bring back the shine to your hair also. Once your hair strands are free of residues, the next day, which is a SUNDAY, you'll be ready for the next step - applying olive oil.

So, prepare 2-4 tbsps of olive oil. You can pour them into a bowl and heat up in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Make it just warm enough for your scalp. Apply in into your hair, covering all the strands and your scalp using your hands. Then brush, brush and brush! Leave the oil on for 10-15 minutes. Then take a shower. Rinse it off using your shampoo. (Usually I would do the shampooing twice). Then towel-dry. Please don't use your hair dryer.

You will feel the results on the first day. BUT the REAL GOOD RESULTS will start showing up on the second day. I have seen it--this apple cider vinegar and olive oil combo--doing wonders to my hair so, take it from me. I really hope it will work for you.

http://thebesthusbandswife.blogspot.com/
http://kristinatividad.blogspot.com/

I love comments, I do I do!!!

Blogaholic Designs”=