Saturday, September 17, 2011

Update: 12 days after Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery

It's been 12 days.Yesterday I went to see my surgeon for initial appointment.I was there at 3:30 pm and was seen around 4:15. The doctor only spent about a minute or so,checked my scar and sent me off with words like, "You're tummy looks okey,you can now go back to doing exercises." and "If you have any problem comeback and see me." Really? I was there for more than an hour,and was only seen for a minute? I could've have told that myself and not wasted an hour my time. I was only reminded how I don't like doctors. geee thanks doc!

Oh well. So here is an update, When I got out of the hospital,I came home to a messy house.Toys and clothes everywhere.I have no choice, it hurts more to yell at my kids to tidy up than doing the chores myself. I ended up cleaning their mess.I baked two loaves of banana bread,washed the dishes as if nothing happens.The next day,I felt much better.My whole week's activities were getting up early in the morning to get my daughter ready for school and the usual household you know,the mommy and three kids stuff, but no walking yet. On the second week,I started doing 30 minute walking, walked my kid to school,picked her up, pushed our double stroller with 65lbs kiddies. So I guess I was fine.

I've read about a lot of things online that scared me.How life will change after having no gallbladder,some have it so miserable it is even scary just to read their stories. I know that i'll be struggling with pain, acid re-flux, diarrhea, and so much more for the rest of my life, that is if if I continue eating crap. Really, if I wasn't in so much pain when that episode happen,i wouldn't consider surgery.The thought of having another organ removed in my body just scares me.But I was in so much pain that night, I wasn't able to think and make a choice. But it already happen.It is what it is. All I can do is take care of myself more and enjoy life.

No comments:

I love comments, I do I do!!!

Blogaholic Designs”=